I don’t make resolutions, I feel there is never a need to resolve anything as I live my life without regret. Instead of trying to resolve something from one year to the next, I reflect on what I accomplished to fuel my fire for the upcoming year. This year was a great year for me and EverydayHDR!
- I finished 2 more books, The DSLR Survival Guide and 11 Things Every Photographer Should Know About HDR Photography
- I started a business, Blake Rudis Photography LLC
- I conducted 3 very successful webinars for Topaz Labs.
- I started another business with my business partner, David Dube, Learn Photo Now LLC
- I switched over from my Olympus E-30 to a Canon 6D! LOVING IT!
- I started another HDR website, HDR Insider
- I displayed my work at an art show
- I was a judge for an HDR Group in Baltimore
- Last but certainly not least, my favorite bit of 2013 came around June when my wife and I found out we were pregnant with number 2! I can’t wait to see that little bundle of joy on or around February 5th! We do not know whether it is a boy or girl yet. I usually don’t like surprises, but this is one surprise worth waiting for!
Great things are on the rise. Of course, I intend to one up this past year. How am I going to do that? Here are a few of my ideas that I am currently working on:
- 2 more websites
- Another eBook, but not about photography!
- 2 downloadable course
How was your year? Instead of “resolving” something, try reflecting on what you accomplished instead of what you failed to achieve. Fuel your fire to make 2014 better than 2013!
My 10 favorite Photographs of 2013
And 2 Extra:
I took the picture on the left of Michael while he took the picture on the right of me. Teaching my son to use a camera is much easier than you think! He is a complete natural! Look at that non-cropped or edited composition! He will fit nicely in my shoes 🙂