I like cooking just as much as I like working in Photoshop. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday to cook for, and boy do I throwdown in the kitchen! I do it all, Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, the whole spread. But EVERYONE’s favorite when they sit at my table is the stuffing. Here’s my recipe, it’s nothing too fancy, but it never fails!
Blake’s On-Point Stuffing Recipe
- 1 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Whole Onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic (minced or chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 1/2 cups of Beef Broth (may substitute with chicken or vegetable)
- Fresh or bagged stuffing (I prefer the dried bag because it is so much easier to work with and readily accessible)
- 1 pound of Ground Maple (or Sage) Sausage
- 3 pounds of LOVE (optional, but it is what makes it good)
- Put the Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Butter, & 1/2 cup of Broth (save the other two cups for step 4) in a large pot.
- Cook the whole mixture down until carrots and celery are tender.
- While cooking the mixture above, brown the sausage in another pot on another burner.
- Once the vegetable mixture is cooked down and fork-tender, place the rest of the broth in the pot and bring to a boil.
- When the broth has reached a boil, remove it from the burner and add the stuffing mixture and the sausage.
- Stir and fold lightly as not to turn the stuffing into mush.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes or so.
- You should be adding the optional LOVE into the stuffing the whole time it is cooking. I find if I drink a cold IPA while I cook, the LOVE just flows naturally. If you love what you are doing, your guests will love your stuffing.
ENJOY and HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Even if your country doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for, and this stuffing is divine!
Here are some reviews from subscribers who have made it:
Well, it was a success. I absolutely loved it along with the rest of the family. I should have made a double batch because we ran out of it today!
Both my mother-in-law and father-in-law said it was the best dressing they have had in many years. What do I owe you since it earned in-law points?
Thanks for the OUSTANDING Stuffing recipe!!!