Tha TAT – Targeted Adjustment Tool for ACR and Lightroom
The Targeted Adjustment Tool is a powerful little tool for ACR and Lightroom. It can make for quick edits within the Color Mixer. I have found it to be beneficial for many reasons, but it also has it’s limitations.
I made this video today because I received several requests for it. Many people would say things like, “If you have the powerful Targeted Adjustment Tool, why wouldn’t you just use that al the time?” I found phrases like that to be interesting because they pointed out that there could be reasons why you wouldn’t want to use it.
In this video, I will show you the three reasons why you should use it and the two reasons why it may not be conducive for you. Here they are really quick, but be sure to watch the video to dig deeper; it’s fast and worth it!
Reasons you should use the Targeted Adjustment Tool:
- It helps you find the specific color you are looking for in your image.
- It grabs color clusters, not just individual colors.
- It can help with color hue separation.
Reasons why you may not want to use it.
- You may want specific colors and not the whole cluster.
- It may slow down your efficiency. In that case, the color dropdown is better than the HSL mixer.