The Phantom 3 Professional Review- Unlocking unlimited potential for your photography!
I am usually not one to jump on every new piece of technology that comes out, but the affordability of the DJI Phantom 3 Professional had me stunned! The sticker shock of $1259 for what appears to be a kiche toy is hard to pull the trigger on and is really not a drop in the bucket by any means. However, when you put in perspective that this thing shoots 4k video (4096 x 2160) and can fly just about anywhere you can imagine it is well worth the price and then some! Check out the full review to see what I mean. From the tech specs to an example flight and even a sneak peak at some raw footage!
Watch the Full DJI Phantom 3 Review!
|Setting up for Flight||07:01|
|The Flight and taking pictures and video||10:51|
|RAW Photo Example||17:16|
<<< Know this before you fly >>>
FAA Hobby UAS Guidelines
Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only. Commercial use requires special exemptions (still a tricky area as everything is not set in stone yet). The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
- Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
- Don’t fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
- Don’t fly near people or stadiums Don’t fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
- Don’t be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
I have taken my Phantom on just over 35 flights, I typically fly every day after lunch if weather permits. I don’t just fly around aimlessly, I am trying to hone my skills as an aerial videographer and photographer. Flying it is relatively easy, but capturing high quality video without being choppy can be tough. For that reason I am having much more fun with the photography possibilities.
And of Course… the Thor Flight
And the World War 1 Museum’s Liberty Memorial
Like the style of this Review? You will LOVE HDR Insider! Full-Length HDR Workflows, Critiques & More!